fbpx

Welcome to Pilates IQ™

Pilates Courses in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne

 

Pilates Inspired exercise and rehabilitation for intelligent practitioners.

We merge the art of Pilates with the science of physiotherapy and exercise physiology to deliver contemporary rehabilitation and exercise courses for health and fitness practitioners.

We specialise in Training you to train and rehabilitate your clients.

We use a practical “hands on” clinical approach to training that equips you to immediately start working with your clients and improving their physical outcomes, pain and disability.

Our Courses

Matwork

Matwork

Our Matwork courses are fast tracked to suit the pre-entry background level of the physiotherapist and exercise physiologist. Physiotherapy students and exercise physiology students second year and above are welcome to attend. 

READ MORE
Small Apparatus

Small Apparatus

The Small Apparatus course is combined with our Level 2 Matwork Course to give you a fusion of advanced Matwork – some traditional and some inspired by contemporary research and Pilates exercises using small apparatus.

READ MORE
Large Equipment

Large Equipment

This series of courses equips the physiotherapist, exercise physiologist and exercise scientist with the skills necessary to work in an equipment studio/rehabilitation setting/physiotherapy practice with Pilates large equipment.

READ MORE
Preglates

Preglates

This course covers the use of Pilates based exercises for classes for antenatal and postnatal women. The course includes Matwork and Small Apparatus - Balls, Bands and Ring Exercises. This course covers the use of Pilates based exercises for classes for antenatal and postnatal women. The course includes Matwork and Small Apparatus - Balls, Bands and Ring Exercises. 

READ MORE
Dance Masterclass

Dance Masterclass

This course has been designed for physiotherapists and exercise physiologists who work with dancers, by Jenny Birckel APA Sports Physiotherapist. Evidence based exercises to address weaknesses and flexibility issues found in the assessment to assist young dancers to reach their optimum performance capability. Selection of mat work and small equipment exercises to assist the dancer to improve strength deficits including dance specific homework gemsSelection of Large equipment work to assist the dancer to improve strength deficits.

READ MORE
Group Reformer Course

Group Reformer Course

Group Reformer is continuing to have a strong standing in the Fitness industry.
If you are looking for a Group Reformer Course for the healthy population group we are about to
launch one that will be approved by Fitness Australia for Fitness professionals.
This course is for Fitness professionals who have already attained qualifications and are ready to
jump into a course that will require a good understanding of anatomy and movement science.
We have many years of experience teaching Equipment Pilates to physiotherapists and exercise
physiologists. Clinically we see many dancers and performance athletes.

READ MORE

Health fund changes- changes to policy on Pilates

We are still delivering a great exercise system to practitioners but changing our product’s name to manage the health fund changes that have come about due to the Federal Health department’s decision about Pilates exercise. Somehow Clinical Pilates delivered by physiotherapists and exercise physiologists has been put into the same bucket as many scientifically unfounded alternative therapies.

Renaming what we do is now necessary for health fund clients.

History of Joseph Pilates

joseph pilates 01Joseph Pilates, the founder of “Pilates” was many years ahead of his time in his understanding of movement control and the importance of core stability and how movement needed a strong core. He called the core muscles the Powerhouse in his 1945 publication and was writing of the importance of light engagement of these muscles in functional standing stipulating 25% bracing leaving a 75% reserve in case it is required. 

Contemporary research by physiotherapists at UQ in the late 1980s reconfirmed the importance of light constant engagement of deep core muscles when in upright positions. They also recommended 20-25% engagement of these muscles in relaxed standing positions.

Our training is recognised by:
Australian Pilates Method Association
ESSA
Australian Physiotherapy Association
Fitness Australia

HEAD OFFICE

130 Quay Street
Bulimba QLD 4171
Phone: 0444 565 958
Fax: (07) 3399 2280
Email: info@pilatesiq.com.au

© 2021 Pilates IQ™ All Rights Reserved. Website by Marketeam

Search

Our face to face training courses have resumed! We are also offering live online Zoom training for Matwork, Small Apparatus and Pelvic floor function for people that live further away but still want to participate in our courses.